Thursday, June 12, 2014

i will vote for number one, why ?

Next month is election day. Election for Indonesian President and Vice President. We have two candidates. Prabowo-Hatta as first candidate, and the second is Jokowi-JK. I'm not enough knowing about Mr Prabowo, Mr Hatta, Mr Jokowi, or Mr JK. But, how ever, next month I must make decision for my vote.

So much news release about them. Twitter, Facebook, e-mail, internet, everything in Indonesia tell about election day. Tell about Prabowo. Tell about Jokowi. But, I can't make a decision with that.

I must setback to the 90s. In my term about Indonesia's reform, I always refer to two persons, they are Mr. Amien Rais and Mr. Adi Sasono. Actually, not only Amien Rais and Mr Adi Sasono who take part in the progress of reform in 1997, many people stand behind reformation progress. For example, Gus Dur, Nurcholish Madjid, etc. But, as personal opinion, I refer to Mr. Amien and Mr. Adi.

Now, seventeen years after the reform, Indonesia will conduct a president election event. Election day in the next month. These days are time full of campaign from candidates. As you know, Mr Amien Rais take a option to choose Mr Prabowo as next president. This a first cause why I follow step of Mr Amien to vote Mr Prabowo. Because, Mr Amien Rais is person who knowing very well about reform process. Of course he will make a decision so well. Amien will make decision with the connectivity between Indonesian reformation as a background and the most appropriate figure of president who will continuing reform process.

First ? Yes. I have two major causes that led me to decide Mr. Prabowo as next President. The second cause is Mr. Mahfud MD, Head of Constitutional Court before Mr Akil. Not like Mr Akil that full of problem, as Head of Constitutional Court, Mr Mahfud very bright, clean, and emphatic.

For five years reputation, Mr Mahfud MD become my reference  in Indonesian politic forum. Mahfud is imam in my political view. Mr. Amien is Muhammadiyah Leader, maybe the best Muhammadiyah leader beside KH. Ahmad Dahlan, and AR Fachrudin. Mahfud is Nahdhatul Ulama, follower of Gus Dur. Maybe different, but I think they have some in common.

Why Mr. Mahfud become my second cause ? Mr. Mahfud is a good politician. And, He always asking to him ustadz before make a decision. Paternalistic mindset. Typical as NU's santri. In this case, I agree with this mindset because if somebody have not enough knowledge about something, you better asking to someone who know better, or following some one that give you guarantee. Not just only follow. Ustadz will bring the guarantee for you if you follow him. If your choice become wrong, the false-one is your ustadz. Because he gives you a guarantee.

Same option with Mr Amien Rais, Mr Mahfud MD vote Mr prabowo as next President. Maybe, Mr Amien endorsing Mr Hatta Rajasa as vice president for Mr. Prabowo. Hatta is successor of Amien in Partai Amanat Nasional. Amien and Hatta have a connection between them in party. Simple, if Amien vote for Hatta, of course he vote for Prabowo.

In the other case, Mr Mahfud accept the challenge to support Mr. Prabowo to be a winner in this election. After asking his ustadz, all of ustadz suggest to Mr. Mahfud for supporting Mr. Prabowo.

So, I refer to them for make my choice. And I will choose no.1, Prabowo-Hatta for Indonesian President. [] haris fauzi - 12 jun 2014

No comments: